POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : atmospheric scattering - blue skies : atmospheric scattering - blue skies Server Time
29 Jul 2024 22:30:27 EDT (-0400)
  atmospheric scattering - blue skies
From: janger
Date: 31 Oct 2000 15:31:25
Message: <39ff2c1d@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know of a way to model the sky using media, scattering etc to
create a blue sky? I'm not sure if it's possible. Basically I don't want to
use a sky sphere to mimic the sky, but try and create a 'true' atmosphere
which looks blue because of light scattering, and so I can make a 'sun'
which is way out in the distance, in scale with reality, and shines through
the atmosphere as happens in nature.